Y'all know I love some avocado! So of course my crazy self figured out a way to work it into dessert!
It may sound gross, but avocado has a mild flavor and creamy texture that lends itself to dessert recipes. Just check out my avocado pinterest board for sweet and savory inspiration!
These extra creamy fudgesicles are made with just a few ingredients - avocado, coconut milk, cocoa powder, and honey with a pinch of salt and vanilla for flavor. Feel free to increase or decrease the honey based on your desired level of sweetness.
Another bonus of this recipe - because they're made with avocado, they won't melt all over your hand!
Makes about 6, depending on the size of your popsicle mold
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey + 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Shredded coconut and melted dark chocolate, optional, for serving
- Blend avocado, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, water and sea salt together in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Scoop into popsicle molds, cover and freeze for at least 5 hours until solid.
- Before serving, run popsicle mold under hot water to loosen from mold. If desired, drizzle with melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with coconut.
More recipes featuring my favorite fruit, avocado: