This post was sponsored by Lightlife. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.
Hi guys! Popping in to share one of my favorite easy summer recipes - the TTLA!
So what is this?? Surely, you all are familiar with the BLT. The TTLA puts two fun spins on it. First, there's tempeh bacon. I mean, I love bacon, as anyone following my insta-stories from this trip to Spain is aware of. But I also like to try and eat less meat when possible, and tempeh bacon is super tasty.
Then there's the "A," for my favorite fruit - avocado! I mean, a BLT is pretty perfect, but the addition of avocado takes it to a new level.
There are three keys to making this most perfect sandwich. First, there's a thick slice (or two) of heirloom tomato. Heirloom tomatoes taught me that I actually do like tomatoes.
Then there's the Lightlife Smoky Fakin' Bacon, which not only adds plant based protein to this sandwich, but that same smoky, salty umami flavor you get from bacon. I picked up a pack of mine in our local Whole Foods, where you can find it down in the refrigerator aisle with the tofu and other vegetarian/vegan products.
Last but not least, there's the salt and pepper kettle chips, which add the perfect amount of crunch to the sandwich. I literally just learned about the whole potato chips on sandwiches thing a couple years back, and I'm so sad I went my whole childhood without it.
Heirloom Tomato Tempeh TTLA
- 3-4 slices Lightlife Fakin' Bacon
- 1-2 tablespoons of mayonaise
- A couple thick slices of heirloom tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Salt and pepper potato chips
- 2 thick slices toasted ciabatta bread
- Fry the fakin' bacon in a small skillet on medium high heat until crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Spread one slice of bread with a thick layer of mayonnaise. Top with tomato slices, avocado, tempeh bacon, potato chips, and microgreens. Spread another thin layer of mayo on the top half to help the sandwich hold together. Top sandwich with bread and enjoy.
More summer sandwiches: