These salty cashew coconut energy balls are the perfect bite sized snacks, especially for athletes needing a little boost of fuel!
Hi guys! Popping in with this recipe for salty cashew coconut energy balls that I’ve been munching on all last week.
Guys, I literally just typed out the sentence “I love to snack on balls.” Ugh. I will always and forever be that person who innocently makes an awkward comment, freezes and then bursts into nervous laughter. My mind is in the gutter.
But seriously, I love to snack on energy bites (is that better?). I started making them when I was half marathon training and needed a dose of carbs before long morning runs, but also didn’t want to barf five miles in.
I made this without a recipe to use up some things that were hanging out in the pantry. Feel free to swap any nut butter, sweetener, nuts or dried fruit that you have on hand. I’m thinking these would also be really tasty with a bit of ginger, or even curry powder if you like that whole sweet and savory thing.
Salty Cashew Coconut Energy Balls
Serves: Makes about 36 balls
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix oats, cashews, apricots, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Add cashew butter, honey and salt and mix until well combined.
- Scoop out ping pong sized balls, roll between your hands to make energy balls. Refrigerate until ready to eat.