Packed with fiber and lightly sweetened, these vegan peanut butter and strawberry jam bars are perfect for snacking or dessert!
Hey guys! It's Recipe Redux time so you get a bonus recipe this week! Lucky you ;) And me because it gave me an excuse to try these peanut butter and strawberry jam bars I saw on my friend and Joyful Eating co-creator Alex's blog.
For this month's theme we're choosing a fellow recipe reduxer to celebrate by making a recipe from their blog. Obviously I chose Alex (Anne doesn't do Recipe Redux otherwise it would have been a very traumatic choice).
One of the happiest surprises about starting a blog was just how many real friendships I've made through it. And Alex is one of those people! We "met" after following each others blogs for awhile, I emailed her for advice when I first started my private practice. Actually, I had also emailed Anne too, which makes me laugh because now because the two dietitians I looked up to professionally are my coworkers! Then I feel like a jerk cause I never seem to have enough time to write back all the young RDs and students who send me emails.
After emailing on occasion for about a year, we finally got to meet in real life on the California Almonds trip to Lodi, California. We actually came up with the idea for Joyful Eating on our first night over dinner and wine! Crazy to think that it's come to fruition!
[Tweet "Peanut butter and strawberry jam bars are perfect for a snack or dessert! #vegan"]
I hope you check out Alex's blog, Delish Knowledge. She features the most beautifully photographed simple vegetarian recipes. This peanut butter and strawberry jam bar was a recent addition I just had to try. It's part breakfast bar, part cookie, which means you could enjoy it for breakfast or dessert!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup all-fruit strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Mix in vanilla extract, then flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Stream in almond milk and blend until combined.
- Place jam in a microwave safe bowl and heat 30 seconds until warm.
- Spread 3/4 of the peanut butter oat mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking sheet and press down with the back of a spatula. Pour the jam over the top and spread evenly with the jam.
- Dollop scoops of the peanut butter dough over the jam to make a "crumble" topping. Place in the over and bake 18-20 minutes until set. Remove from heat, let cool, then slice into bars.
[inlinkz_linkup id=635322 mode=1]