Whole grain rice topped with garlicky spinach, marinated tofu, kimchi and a soy-miso sauce - a delicious way to sneak in healthy probiotics!
Buddha bowls are such a fun meal! Not only are they super easy to assemble, they're also packed with nutrients, colorful, and can be super flexible to meet everyone's needs and preferences!
One of the best ways to ensure your meal will keep you full and satisfied is to have a combination of carbs, proteins, fats, and fiber in your meal. This recipe has all of those components, plus some added probiotics from the miso and kimchi to help support your digestion!
Buddha Bowl with Spinach, Marinated Tofu, Kimchi and Soy-Miso Dressing
- 1 cup whole grain rice (I used pink rice, because it's pretty)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and pressed, then cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup kimchi
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Chopped green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Five spice powder
- Chopped peanuts
- Cook 1 cup whole grain rice according to directions in a pressure cooker or on the stove.
- Make dressing by whisking miso, sesame oil, soy sauce and water until smooth.
- While the rice is cooking, whisk soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl. Add tofu and toss to coat evenly with marinade. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- While the tofu is marinating, bring a large pot filled with 2 inches of water and set with a steamer basket to a boil.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, add green onions and stir fry 2 minutes until tender. Add tofu and stir fry another 3-4 minutes until tofu is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, steam the spinach 2-3 minutes until tender and wilted.
- Divide rice between four bowls. Divide the tofu, spinach, kimchi, and carrots evenly between the bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish as desired.
You might also like